Before you book a venue
When booking a venue for your event, always consider the following:
- Is the venue easy to access? Think about its location for your guests.
- Does it have parking?
- How many people can the venue accommodate?
- Does the venue have the correct licenses needed for the event?
- Can you take a percentage of the bar takings/ organise deals on drinks and food for your guests?
Before the event
- Always approach your venue as early as possible.
- Make sure the venue management is aware that you would like to use their space for a charity event. They often offer freebies and discounts to help make your event a success.
- Prioritise selling tickets in advance rather than on the door. That way you know how many people are attending (keep a few extra to sell on the night).
- Always be aware of how many tickets you have sold and how many are left. Your venue will have a strict policy on how many people it can accommodate for insurance and safety reasons.
During the event
- Always try to arrive as early as possible at your venue, so that you have enough time to set up your event. Leave enough time to decorate, test technical equipment and check the venue staff are happy with the arrangements
- You could place collection boxes around the venue – email our Supporter Services team if you need collection boxes: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do take lots of photos and send them into our Supporter Services team!
After the event
- Thank all the attendees and let them know how much you raised. It’s a great feeling for them to know that they were part of a successful event.
- Don’t forget to thank the venue for having you for the evening! It’s great news for them if the event was a success and by maintaining a good relationship, you could call on them again to host future events.
- Once you have counted up the money you collect at the event, upload it onto your fundraising page as an offline donation.
- Do give us a call and let us know how it went!