- Reporting To: Head of Income Generation
- Salary: £23,000- £28,000
- Line Management: N/A
- Location: Flexible working: Office in Slough with opportunities to work from London and home
- Hours: 40
Habitat for Humanity Great Britain is a leading global shelter charity that works toward a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live. We stand together with the poorest and the most vulnerable, the homeless, the young and old, the sick and the displaced. And with them we build toward a world where everyone has a decent place to call home and the opportunity for a life built on strength, stability and self-reliance. Habitat for Humanity Great Britain is part of the international Habitat for Humanity network and undertakes a range of activities within the UK to achieve this goal.
Corporate Partnerships Exec summary
Habitat for Humanity Great Britain are looking for a Corporate Partnerships Executive to join our corporate fundraising team supporting the growth of both existing corporate partnerships, and new partnership opportunities.
Our small but ambitious team are working to build transformational partnerships with the UK private sector and this role represents an excellent opportunity for a corporate fundraiser with 1-3 years of experience in the sector to take the next step in their career; work with an international NGO and have opportunities to work closely with senior stakeholders on exciting partnerships.
Alongside excellent opportunities for professional progression, we will provide one or more opportunities annually for our corporate team members to join our overseas volunteering trips alongside our corporate partners, meaning you have the chance to see our work first hand in any of the 60+ locations where we currently operate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overseeing a portfolio of small-midsize partnerships using our tiered partnership model to deliver a 20% annual growth in income.
- Supporting the delivery of larger partnerships working along side our Corporate Partnerships Manager to deliver employee engagement activities and other activities where required.
- Support the management of inbound opportunities for corporate partnerships directing them to the appropriate contact, or where appropriate working with the Head of Income Generation to lead or support the development of the opportunity into a new partnership using our tiered partnership model
- Supporting the delivery of new fundraising campaigns with all corporate partners and prospects.
- Supporting the development of new partnership propositions and proposals for both new and existing partners.
For a full list of roles and responsibilities download the full role description here
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a UK charity in the fundraising team (must include elements of corporate fundraising)
- Meeting and exceeding fundraising or sales targets
- Building strong relationships with supporters or customers
- Excellent skills in communications, influencing and negotiation
- Experience of working with Raiser’s Edge fundraising database
- Knowledge of the International Development Sector and experience of working in this type of organisation
- Passion for International Development and fighting poverty.
Skills and Aptitude:
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Outstanding administration and organisation skill
- Fully computer literate
- Able to prioritise a number of varied tasks and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Able to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Able to work effectively within a small team and on own initiative
- Well-motivated and proactive
- Working knowledge of the principles of fundraising and stewardship
- Applicants should send a CV and cover letter of no more than two sides of A4 outlining their experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com by no later than 5pm on the 7th November 2019.
- For UK based positions, all candidates must have proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
- We will be contacting applicants we wish to invite for an interview shortly after the closing date. Unfortunately, because of high volume of applications we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants. If you haven’t heard from us within a month of the application deadline, please assume that your application has not been successful.
- We actively support and encourage people from a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets to join us and help shape what we do. We are particularly keen to hear from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and disabled candidates.
Disclaimer – Please note that we don’t accept unsolicited applications or CVs from third-party recruiters.