Digital Engagement Manager
- Reporting to: Individual Giving Manager
- Responsible for: Digital Campaign Contractors
- Salary: £28,000- £34,000
- Location: Home and office-based
- Hours: Full time
- Application deadline: 30 July 2021 (at 11:59 pm).
Habitat for Humanity Great Britain (HFHGB) is a humanitarian charity focused on long-term development, aid and poverty alleviation with a mission to build a safe environment where families and communities can thrive. We work in partnership with Habitat for Humanity entities and local partners in more than 70 countries across the world.
Design and develop digital fundraising communications to grow the supporter base of HFHGB, engagement and funding. The Digital Engagement Manager develops the plans and designs the tools, platforms and communications to deliver, working closely with the Individual Giving Manager and the wider team. The role involves project management of new digital fundraising campaigns, to identify and test new opportunities that maximise return on investment and contribution to programmes.
The Digital Engagement Manager is an expert in digital fundraising who designs, tests and delivers fundraising campaigns to grow the support base, engagement and funding of HFHGB. The role produces research and analysis to underpin the individual giving strategy and develops an annual rolling plan for digital engagement.
The Digital Engagement Manager innovates and improves on digital fundraising campaigns, plans for opportunities throughout the year, and is also responsive to the opportunities that emerge, e.g. emergency response campaigns, or housing-specific opportunities.
Digital engagement includes the development of new products/experiences online, recruitment of a new supporter base, transition of existing supporters online where appropriate and relationship building with existing digital supporters. This requires integrates communications and strong coordination with other funding streams. The Digital Engagement Manager is responsible for the effective management and oversight of all digital supporter communications, including volunteering. As such, the role is closely related to database management and plays an important role in improving digital data management across HFHGB.
Strategic and operational planning and research.
- Research the latest opportunities for digital development and develop detailed plans and schedules to transform digital engagement for HFHGB.
- Identify opportunities (and challenges) for sustainable digital engagement and develop an annual rolling plan, plus a strategic summary for the Individual Giving Manager and engagement with the Development team to integrate into the overall strategy.
- Explore, build a business case for investment in and plan for innovations in engagement products and experiences, to support engagement.
Digital development and engagement activities
- Design and deliver campaigns, products and services to develop engagement, funds and sustainability of HFHGB.
- Develop, test, and implement digital campaigns for recruitment, retention, transition to digital, and upgrade of support to HFHGB.
- Project manage the design and delivery of new and existing digital fundraising campaigns and activities across a range of new and existing digital channels, platforms, and tools.
- Oversee all digital supporter communications (campaign communications, emails, landing pages, tools and graphics for online fundraising), plus products and experiences (e.g. retail and events).
- Collaborate and co-create with the Development and Impact Team on coordinated and consistent messaging across channels and audiences.
- Proactively identify new digital fundraising opportunities and work with contractors and the Individual Giving Manager to deliver on a test and learn basis.
Digital fundraising oversight
- Maintain systems, records, compliance, and report on the performance of digital engagement to ensure continuous improvement.
- Digital fundraising project budget management with the support of the Individual Giving Manager.
- Measure, evaluate and report on performance (against budgets and targets), identifying and implementing improvements.
- Review the performance of platforms and tools on a regular basis, to continually improve and deliver best practices
- Collaborate and co-create with the wider team to maximize efficiency and return on investment while developing the capacity of the team and aligning with the organizational strategy.
- Support the development and impact teams in the delivery of campaigns to their key audiences where appropriate.
- Work with the Development and Impact teams to develop an integrated digital engagement plan that aligns with the organisational strategies for impact and development, across digital channels.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices in charity and commercial sectors, developing the capacity of the wider team.
*This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Job descriptions may be subject to change
Knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop and implement digital fundraising strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital targeting and segmentation for fundraising.
- Knowledge of digital engagement tools, performance and best practices for fundraising, including retail, experiences and campaigns and legal issues including compliance with relevant standards and regulations, e.g. GDPR.
- At least 5 years of experience in direct response fundraising, specifically with digital engagement, including planning and strategy activity.
- Proven track record of digital fundraising campaign delivery with a strong ROI.
- Experience with fundraising database tools and reporting.
- Project management and budget management for campaign delivery.
Skills and competencies
- Skills in digital development, including social media platforms and tools, maintaining donation
forms, surveys, etc
- Strong creative communication skills to design and review digital engagement campaigns and
products, with excellent judgement.
- Creative and innovative to respond to opportunities or develop campaigns/concepts from
- Excellent project management.
- Succinct report writing and excellent, compelling digital communications skills.
- Passion for digital engagement and developing purpose for individuals and profile for charities.
- Strong integrity, showing respect for others, trustworthiness, and responsibility.
- Commitment to our vision, mission, and values.
- Commitment to health and safety, data protection, equality and diversity, and safeguarding compliance and best practice.
- HFHGB is seeking to rapidly expand its activities and impact to fight poverty across the world. This means that the organisation must be adaptable and flexible and have an ambitious, dynamic team. It is a requirement of the post holder to be flexible in terms of location (within reasons), line management, and duties and responsibilities.
- Applicants should send a CV and cover letter of no more than two sides of A4 outlining their experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For UK-based positions, all candidates must have proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
- The deadline for applications is 30 July 2021 (at 11:59 pm).
- Please note that we do not reimburse any expenses incurred during interviews.
- We will be contacting applicants we wish to invite for an interview shortly after the closing date. Unfortunately, because of the high volume of applications, we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants. If you haven’t heard from us within a month of the application deadline, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Disclaimer – Please note that we don’t accept unsolicited applications or CVs from third-party recruiters.