Location: Home based with two days per week in our Slough Office
Salary: £31,000 – £34,500, dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
The Office Manager/ CEO EA is a key role, overseeing key administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the charity, organising and supporting staff, information and other resources.
Job Summary & Key Responsibilities
The Office Manager / CEO EA is a critical function, requiring a mix of strong project management, attention to detail, flexibility, discretion and initiative. Duties include planning, managing and delivering the Charity’s support functions, across Finance, HR, H&S, IT, and other resources, and providing support to the Board and Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
· To manage HFHGB office/operations (50%)
· To provide Executive and Project Management support to the CEO (20%)
. To administer HFHGB’s HR function (30%)
· Managing incoming telephone calls, faxes, post and the general e-mail box ensuring that incoming communications are properly channelled to the appropriate person(s).
· Managing office consumables and equipment ensuring timely replenishment of stock and servicing/maintenance of equipment, including managing remote working equipment
· Managing facilities and services.
· Liaising with external IT provider and coordinating staff IT support requests.
· Collecting post from Slough post office and working with the income processing team to have donations, appeal responses and other mail securely opened, appropriately documented, processed, thanked, and safely kept away, taking into consideration GDPR standards, as appropriate.
· Administering the use of Company Credit Card and employee expense claims and ensuring that all staff expenses returns are promptly filed and posted in SUN.
· Finance administration: supporting the finance function, banking of cash and cheques, maintaining the inventory of fixed assets and assisting with yearend assets verification exercise.
· Assisting with other finance related tasks as required.
· Working with the CEO to support Board and trustees, including organising board meetings, and accurately minuting all board and senior leadership meetings to ensure records of decision making and strategy development
· Supporting the development, documenting and evolution of company-wide policies and procedures, their dissemination, implementation and monitoring compliance.
· Supporting the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to help ensure the timely compliance reporting to Habitat for Humanity International on a quarterly basis.
· Coordinating with SLT on a quarterly basis to have the risk register reviewed, updated and approved.
· Ensuring timely submission of statutory reports to Companies’ House, Charities Commission and any other statutory body as may be required in liaison with the finance team and CEO.
· Responding to external requests in regards governance matters e.g., information requests by banks, Ebury, HMRC, External auditors, regulators, etc.
. Helping SLT manage any formal complaints to the fundraising regulator or ICO
Executive Support to the CEO
· Diary management, organisation of meetings, booking travel and accommodation.
· Helping to prepare documentation, presentations, notes and minutes.
. Ensuring the CRM database, Raiser’s Edge, is up to date with all CEO contacts and meetings
· Coordinating recruitment and induction of new starters.
· Administering and recording staff leave and sickness absence.
· Maintaining HR records as required by legislation (employment contracts).
· Coordinating with external HR Support and SLT to help maintain and Employee Handbook and relevant policies (Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, etc.).
· Preparing monthly staffing reports and starters/leavers documentation for payroll purposes and liaising with LV payroll to ensure accurate and timely completion of payroll.
· Pension Scheme administration including updating changes and submitting details to Aviva – pension provider.
. Supporting SLT as the lead for improving culture and engagement through implementing and supporting virtual and in person engagement activities, personell wellbeing efforts, and remote working support
PROFILE (SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE)
Knowledge and understanding
· Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong organisational and planning skills.
· Ability to record accurate meeting minutes
· Desirable to have previous office management with a charity/voluntary organisation.
· Strong integrity, showing respect for others, trustworthiness and responsibility.
· Commitment to our vision, mission and values.
· Commitment to health and safety, data protection, equality and diversity and safeguarding compliance and best practice.
· Right to work in the UK at time of application.
· Ability to travel in the UK and work unsociable hours to attend high profile events and engage the global HFH network.
. Ability to work effectively remotely and be able to work from our Slough office 2 days per week.
Any other reasonable duties as and when required
HFHGB is seeking to rapidly expand its activities and impact to fight poverty across the world. This means that the organisation must be adaptable and flexible and have an ambitious, dynamic team.
It is a requirement of the post holder to be flexible in terms of location (within reasons), line management, and duties and responsibilities.
For UK-based positions, all candidates must have proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Please note that we do not reimburse any expenses incurred during interviews.
We will be contacting applicants we wish to invite for an interview shortly after the closing date. Unfortunately, because of the high volume of applications, we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.
If you haven’t heard from us within a month of the application deadline, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Disclaimer – Please note that we don’t accept unsolicited applications or CVs from third-party recruiters.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.