1.6 billion people live without adequate shelter.
We are Habitat for Humanity Great Britain, an international charity fighting global poverty and homelessness, we believe that a decent home helps to permanently break the cycle of poverty and allows families to achieve strength, stability and self-reliance.
Home is a key catalyst in helping to permanently break the cycle of poverty. A lack of decent housing negatively affects the health, education, and well-being of people around the world.
We have a vision of a world where everyone has a safe place to call home.
How are we achieving our vision?
We are known for building homes. But our work does not stop there.
- We provide financial inclusion, land rights and hygiene training.
- Spread awareness about gender inequalities and inheritance rights.
- Rehabilitate slums and renovate empty spaces into safe homes.
- Provide emergency response to countries experiencing disasters.
- Find solutions for people displaced by urbanisation and climate change.
- Construct safe, private toilets to meet sanitation needs.
We do all this and so much more
Where we work
Sign up for emails
Sign up to see what we’ve been working on, receive the latest stories, videos and volunteer opportunities.