Welcome to Global Village
Throw job titles and positions aside, immerse yourself in another culture, and unite employees together as a collective force to lift families out of poverty.
Make Your Impact
Stand with one of the world’s leading housing charities to build homes for the world’s most vulnerable people.
- Take a team of employees to build homes around the world.
- Work side by side with families and the local community to see first hand the impact that volunteering has.
- Be led and guided by an experienced Team Leader, and work with Habitat for Humanity staff on the ground.
What's involved in a trip
- Choose from one of our project locations such as: Cambodia, Brazil, Malawi, Guatemala or Romania, or fund a project in Great Britain.
- Spend 8 -10 days in country, with 5 of those days spent building on site.
- Complete tasks such as digging, mixing mortar, building walls, laying blocks, painting walls, and moving materials.
- Take part in a leaving ceremony with the family to celebrate the build, the family, and their new home.
- Have the opportunity to meet people from the local community, and explore new places.
Put your company values into action
Global Village volunteering adds a narrative and personality to your organisation. The programme’s key benefits include:
- Improving staff retention and engagement
- Aligning your organisation as socially responsible and globally aware
- Opportunities to demonstrate your commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
- Connecting you to your clients, customers, and community
To find out more, contact Katie, our Senior New Business Officer:
One of our homeowners was at a loss for words when given an opportunity to speak to the room; the other was eager to share her gratitude. In their own ways, each was clearly and profoundly happy.Kirsty, Wells Fargo
I felt the trip to Romania was a particularly rewarding experience. It was really great to be part of a scheme that the AG put on, and I really felt like I was contributing to something very worthwhile. Nicholas, Addleshaw Goddard
As a team building and bonding exercise, I have to admit that this was probably the best activity I have ever undertaken. Not only in my 19 years at COINS but including school, college and my pre-COINS career. Undertaking physical work together, outside - without the distraction of phones, laptops, emails, and the general day-to-day stress of COINS life left us free to communicate on a truly personal level.Alex Smyrl, COINS
Volunteer Build Types
Build homes with women and children while exploring a new country.
Bring stability and opportunity to orphans, vulnerable children and other people experiencing extreme difficulties.
Help build new homes with those in need.
Upgrade existing houses with smokeless stoves, water filtration systems, new bathrooms and more.
Help build energy-efficient homes with those in need.
Build back stronger after a disaster and learn about Habitat’s work to increase stability and reduce risks.
Critical Home Improvement
Improve existing shelters to make them safe, decent places to live.
Volunteer with a holistic development project that builds decent housing as well as economic growth and communal resources.
Build Louder: Advocate & Build
Build with partner families and advocate for policies and systems to advance affordable housing.
Ready to take part in a Build?
To get started on your own company Global Village trip, contact Katie, our Senior New Business Officer for more information:
- 01753 313611